Welch Senior Living Memory Care Program Leaders
Welch Senior Living Memory Care leaders are experienced in planning, developing, and managing memory care programs. They are charged with setting the standards for our cutting-edge program, focused on person-centered care. Working in collaboration with executive directors and program directors they establish care protocols, and develop and implement specialized memory care staff training programs. They provide clinical oversight and quality assurance for care planning and resident engagement programs, and are important resources to support the staff, as well as families struggling to cope with a loved one’s diagnosis.
In addition to tapping into trusted medical providers and resources like the local Council on Aging, VNA, Hospice, and Concerto Care, Duxbury House also partners with leading experts across the South Shore. Welch Senior Living Memory Care staff are also required to receive certification as Certified Dementia Practitioners (CDPs) to provide the best possible care for your loved one. Learn more about our expert staff below.
Shannon Fenerjian, RN, CDP
Regional Director of Resident Care & Compliance, Welch Senior Living
Shannon Fenerjian, RN, CDP has several years of clinical, management, and education experience as a Registered Nurse in home health, and critical care, and overseeing the regulatory affairs for assisted living communities, including those with dedicated and integrated dementia programs.
- Dementia programming experience in assisted living settings
- Fenerjian is a Certified Dementia Practitioner
- Expert on MA Assisted Living Regulatory Compliance
- Supervision, training, teaching, and policy development and consultation
- Experience in Home Health, Rehabilitation, Independent, Assisted, and Memory Care Senior Living
Dr. Donald S. Marks, MD, PC
Consulting Neurologist, Duxbury House at The Village Memory Care Residence
Dr. Marks is a locally based neurologist who is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area including Nantucket Cottage Hospital and Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Plymouth.
As the Duxbury House Consulting Neurologist, Dr. Marks consults with our team on care management issues and provides staff education regarding the latest information on best practices and new developments concerning the care of people with Alzheimer’s or other dementias. Dr. Marks is also a neurologist for many of our residents helping them to live their healthiest lives, and helping families understand the disease as well. Dr. Marks’ leadership and dedication to helping others contribute to our efforts to make Duxbury House a safe, healthy, and happy place to live.
Laurie Welch Guthrie, MSW, LCSW, CDP
Regional Memory Care Coordinator and Senior Clinical Social Worker, Welch Senior Living
Laurie Welch Guthrie has over 10 years of experience in the nursing and rehabilitation industry as well as in providing consultative services in the adult day health setting. She uses this previous experience to provide support and consultation to residents, families, and staff of the assisted living communities.
- Targeted continuing education and training in providing service and assistance to older adults and their loved ones
- Clinical experience in providing support in many areas including crisis intervention, development of relationships, transition to new settings, and facilitating referrals to needed or appropriate services
- Mrs. Welch Guthrie is a Certified Dementia Practitioner
- She is responsible for the ongoing implementation of family support, resident-centered programming, and continuous quality improvement for all Memory Care Programming within the Welch Senior Living communities
Merry Dalahmeh, BS, RN, LNHA
Executive Director, Duxbury House at The Village Memory Care Residence
Merry Dalahmeh brings more than 20 years of experience working in eldercare to her role as Executive Director of Duxbury House. She draws on her background as a former Executive Director and Director of Nursing Services to lead the Duxbury House memory care team and oversee the community’s day-to-day operations.
Dalahmeh is a licensed nursing home administrator and provides support for all aspects of care and to all departments, ensuring residents experience a safe, secure, and enriching environment and that all of their care needs are met.